Irish whiskey


Uisce betha, Gaelic for water of life, or whiskey as its now known as. Like jewlery there are many different whiskeys and also like jewelry it depends on your taste. Probably because I´m Irish I prefer Irish whiskey, others prefer Jack Daniels or one of the many others. Its amatter of taste, but there is no denying the superiority of a really good whiskey such as Jameson 12 year old or Tullamore Dew´s Special Reserve.
For me I like whiskey straight, to enjoy the taste and aroma of the water of life itself. But also I do enjoy a hot whiskey (hot toddy) or for the summer months the Irish Mojito, anyway the recipe´s below, enjoy and let me know your favorite whiskey.

Ingredients Irish Mojito

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup mint leaves
  • lime wedges
  • oz irish whiskey
  • crushed ice
  • splash of tonic water or ginger ale
  • lime for garnish                                

Comments